A small horizontal white line appears on my laptop. It is in constant position. When I move the cursor, the line appears above the cursor. It is at just above the bottom of the screen. My laptop is ASUS X551M. Please suggest any free method to fix it.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then observe if the same problem will persist.
- Next is to connect an external monitor and observe if the same problem will happen to it as well.
- If it's normal that could mean that the problem is the built in LCD.
- I would suggest opening the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- If the laptop is still under the factory warranty do contact ASUS for a repair.