A Month with the iPhone X: What I Love (and Hate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatiyati

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Put the Iphone X next to a Note 8 and you will clearly see which screen is better. I did this at work and all my coworkers agreed that the Note 8 screen is sharper and more vibrant. Clearly this bozo has not done such a comparison.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Hi and thanks for the comment. Couldn't disagree with you more on screen quality,
as we had several writers and editors look at them side by side. You can see the results here.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-x-oled-screen-vs-pixel-2-note-8,review-4807.html The iPhone X has the best OLED screen, at least for now.

vfox126

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
It's funny how uneducated Iphone users are in respect to the hardware and software of there phones.
In your article you talk about these issues that android has already dealt with years ago. Ios is a simple operating system, that's why it could possibly load faster. Loading websites faster has nothing to do with chipset. Just about every phone today has a chipset above and beyond what it needs. The speed has to do with the provider you are using. From this article I can see that Iphone is pretty much trying to make an Andy Phone and google has a 10 year head start. Oh how the tables have turned.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks for the comment. I agree the iPhone X is playing catch-up in some ways, especially wireless charging and OLED. But as I mentioned the Super Retina screen is better than any Android phone, and the A11 Bionic chip is miles faster than anything in an Android phone.

The speed difference I mentioned is real, because both phones were on same network, so the iPhone X is processing pages faster.

One thing I didn't mention was fast wired charging. The iPhone X is still playing catch-up there because you have to pay extra and you shouldn't.

vfox126

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Samsung has run OLED screens for a long time. So the fact that Iphone calls it Retina means nothing. The screens are virtually the same as far as Samsung and Iphone are concerned. It's all marketing. Just like people think Starbucks is good coffee. In regards to loading faster this is also a lot of marketing. Iphone works well with Iphone native apps but once you step out of the I world into apps like chrome, foxfire, etc. how does it work? The I world is small and getting smaller that is why they are moving into Android territory.

thekabbalist

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
All you have done is convinced yourself that the x is a good phone. That notch in the screen is pathetic as is having to swipe etc. Lame article, lame phone.

thekabbalist

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Over the month that Mark has had the X is simply convince himself that its a good phone. Underlying his comments are the clear frustrations he has with it.
1. Swipe to close apps.
2. Unable to see the battery.
3. The ugly ugly notch in the screen.

Say it as it is Mark and not how Apple wants you to say it.

Lame article.

Status
Not open for further replies.