A 'Mouse' That You Can Squeeze, Roll and Throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Neat idea but the demo didn't really show us much of this thing's supposed capability. He just tilted it around in the air. I wanna see a baseball game where you actually throw a ball at the screen.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Part of me says this is cool, the other part says it's almost completely impractical. Looks like a fun gimmick for some games, but as for day-to-day use, incredibly annoying.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Balls slip out your hand more easily than wii (wand) or mouse.
Your dog'll chew this out too.

Also I bet the price is $60+

traesta

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
ummm yea looks like there's a horrible delay on that thing ... doesn't seem very practical I'll stick to my logitech mouse

traesta

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
ummm yea looks like there's a horrible delay on that thing ... doesn't seem very practical I'll stick to my logitech mouse

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
That's what I want. A controller that makes just checking my email a mini game.....

"Look honey it only took me two minutes this time! Bet you can't beat that"

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]traesta[/nom]ummm yea looks like there's a horrible delay on that thing ... doesn't seem very practical I'll stick to my logitech mouse[/citation]
Yup. Logitec G5 FTW!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Ah! Anyone else remember Marble madness... from the late 80s.

Is there a modern version of that game, it would look quite nice with todays graphics abilities.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
/stupid idea mode on
How much time before a computer nerd/otaku makes a mod of his inflatable girlfriend with that?
/stupid idea mode off

Sorry it is Friday. My brain is already on week-end mode.
And there are usually more "jokes" like that each time we speak about touchable computer interface.

Anyway, this looks interesting but not really precise in its current state. May be it could be more relevant with a 3D environment/game/software.

And as sliem said "Balls slip out your hand more easily than wii (wand)" especially with the wrist-strap "or mouse."

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Great concept. Cut one in half and make a real mouse out of it. Imagine your mouse having a smooth surface, softly shaped with finger indentation for position. Buttons soft to click instead of mechanical like now. They can create many different types of controllers like this, I'm very optimistic about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.