A New BioShock MMO in the Works, Could Be FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I really loved the whole bioshock story and atmosphere, it would be very interesting to say the least but i wonder when they would set the game, i would believe most likely in the war and downfall of rapture

i would really like it if it was an mmorpgfps

CoderDunn

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
When some one announces an MMO for a game like bioshock, it's equal to when some one anounces a movie about a game.

IE it's probably going to suck

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Bioshock is done, over, fin. We got a story, it was great, it had an ending, and all was well. A 2nd game was fine, but it really kind of disrupted the story line in the first one a little. Now they want to derive a mediocre game from a great game?

Stop milking it, just stop, stop it.

ScoobyJooby-Jew

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]Bioshock is done, over, fin. We got a story, it was great, it had an ending, and all was well. A 2nd game was fine, but it really kind of disrupted the story line in the first one a little. Now they want to derive a mediocre game from a great game?Stop milking it, just stop, stop it.[/citation]
100% agree. Bioshock 1 was fantastic. I haven't played 2 yet. Don't think I will. The first game was complete, and to me, anything after that was just clamoring for more money.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Athmosphere in Bioshock 1 was great, but I don't get what was there to enjoy in gameplay.

I wonder how would FPS MMO look like... :)

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Rapture was a pretty rich, eerie, and interesting setting for a FPS... but, I don't know how they could get this to work for a MMO, without raping the original story and setting. If they have to do that, its my opinion that they should just develop a new IP, and pull inspiration from the old game. Just another shameless cash grab.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
bioshock is my favorite game of this generation. i didn't even finish bioshock 2. i got 5 hours in and just gave up.
now they are determined to rape the series even more it seems.

how about giving us a modern day system shock? a remake of SSH2 would be awesome.

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I really like the idea of a FPSMMORPG but I don't think Bioshock would make a good world to base it in. It's underwater, cramped, and just doesn't have the necessary expansion ability for a huge world. It would fail like 95% of other MMO's.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
While admittedly, I don't think Bioshock would work that well for an MMO, you guys aren't even bothering to 'judge the book by it's cover', it doesn't even HAVE a cover yet!

There's nothing here that absolutely says it's going to be mediocre. And no one is ever going to know until they try, hence why they said they're 'tinkering'. Way to be negative, people.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]aethm[/nom]I really like the idea of a FPSMMORPG but I don't think Bioshock would make a good world to base it in. It's underwater, cramped, and just doesn't have the necessary expansion ability for a huge world. It would fail like 95% of other MMO's.[/citation]

Well, it won't be an MMORPG requiring a vast open world. MMOFPS is basically a regular FPS, but with more and better multiplayer and an absent single player. That's not requiring a vast, Tolkien-esque world..

nukemaster

Distinguished
I wonder how much DRM this will have? Bios shock 2 has way to much to do just to play it. Securom even on the steam version. Games for windows live required as well. Not saying I may not get it down the road.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Never bought the first because of DRM so I did not bother looking at second. They can keep the whole franchise in my opinion.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Why don't MMO development companies these days, just cut to the chase, and develop an MMO where you control an avatar that runs around a bank depositing money from your real life bank account, straight into the dev's account.

Since that's pretty much all that gaming companies care about these days. Game design and passion died back in the late 90's.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Yeah, I concur with most of what's been said here. Bioshock is just not a universe I see as being open-ended enough for an MMO game (mean persistant universe). Now Mass Effect, on the other hand, is practically tailor made for a persistant MMO universe.

G

A MMOFPS would be great, but it would be weird if I saw 100+ people running around in rapture with usernames like DarthVaderSux7700 and beating the hell out of big daddies that just equipped their new Halo diver suit, or something. Not like there would be a Halo big daddy. That's like saying that in Guild War, you can be an Orc. However, if it's sort of like Combat Arms, where you just join rooms and play different modes with set amount of players, then that would be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.