Solved! A programmable audio splitter box. Does it exist ?

thorkil

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hey

I want to feed a stereo signal into a bosx with 4-8 stereo output.
The 4-8 outputs will be connected to active speakers.
The box should connect to a PC (with usb) and from an API I want to control the output level of the 4-8 outputs.

Solution
Well do you want 4 or 8. Makes a big difference. But essentially you want a usb or pci audio card, not really a splittler. In that case. At work so can't search much but there are lots used in the audio recording world that have multiple independent outputs. They usually have ASIO support so you write your own API or router everything through DAW software.

What is intended purpose
Well do you want 4 or 8. Makes a big difference. But essentially you want a usb or pci audio card, not really a splittler. In that case. At work so can't search much but there are lots used in the audio recording world that have multiple independent outputs. They usually have ASIO support so you write your own API or router everything through DAW software.

What is intended purpose

Solution

bignastyid

Splendid
MERGED QUESTION
Question from thorkil : "A programmable audio splitter box. Does it exist ?"

thorkil

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Hi thanks for trying to help me on this... But I dont see how i can control the output level fra a programmable API.. For me it looks like you can only do that by manually turn the physical meters on the front of the box ?

thorkil

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Hi Thanks for helping me on this issue.
I have a big hall dividede into sections. I want to be able to ajust the level of the speakers programmaticly.
Can you tell me a few product-names you have in mind ?

Once again thanks for being so helpfull

Br from Copenhagen

https://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-M-Track-Eight-8-Channel-High-Resolution/dp/B0010SZIQM/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1491337248&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_location_browse-bin%3A2711220011

https://www.amazon.com/PreSonus-AudioBox1818-Advanced-recording-interface/dp/B006L5PVO8/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1491337248&sr=1-3&refinements=p_n_location_browse-bin%3A2711220011

You'd be looking for a 8 channel output or 16 if you want 8xstereo outputs audio interface.

Many of these will come with their own control panel that you can choose what to route where, etc. They are also all ASIO compatible which means you could write your own code with a million examples online of how to control ASIO via code. You could also run a DAW software program and just control it there.

It depends on how you want to be able to control things. Automatic software? custom interface? etc.

thorkil

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

For me thee two product seams to be ment for other use. And expensive, too...
I want a box like this: https://www.kramerav.com/product/105A with added possibillity to control the volume level on each output from software...

Thanks once more

I know what you want, but it really doesn't exist in a box as such, so my solutions are the next best thing. It's the software control part that requires it to be hooked up to a PC that complicates things a lot.

why does it HAVE to be Pc controled? And does it have to be a API as you said? Are you implementing it in to custom software?