A Racing Simulator For Your Mansion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s1c_s1d

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
"while drivings controls are molded to reflect their real-life counterparts."
Since when does a modern F1 car have a steering wheel like that, and big colourful buttons to press!! It looks like Grand Prix 4 by Geoff Crammond (Legend). As a previous poster said, a decent PC and a Top Logitech Wheel and thats much better also a F1 game for the PC...... oh hang on we dont have one why :(

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Tom's, didn't you guys post an article about another simulator that was on hydraulics? Was it even this much? This looks kind of cheesy and I would rather be playing GRID or GTR. The one on hydraulics looked completely awesome as it never stopped moving back and forth and up and down and... and...

edwilson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
As a former actual player of the Pole Position games, I have to concur. If you want this type of rig go buy an old machine out of the "Gold Mine" Leave the real racing simulators to the pros. Pacesetter = fail

rtcjones

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
There's a much cheaper solution...

3x Xbox360 -> ~$600
3x samsung 32" TV -> ~$1200 (cheaper if you buy them used or go with a less expensive monitors)
1x Playseats evolution -> ~$400
1x Xbox360 wireless racing wheel -> ~$100
3x cheap tv stands ~$150
1x sony DAV HDX589W surround sound -> ~$300
1x Scrapping the gay and expensive plastic car mold -> free!

Total Cost -> ~$2850

Having all of your friends call you a freaky geek, but still secretly be envious and come over all the time to play....

Priceless!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I agree with the rest this.. is just nonsense. So many better ways to do it, and at least make it look nice and sharp. This looks like a bland kid's toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.