A Racing Simulator For Your Mansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
I remember play Nascar where up to 8 people could race at our Dave and Busters. That was fun.

This could be a load of fun for awhile, but couldn't I use Eyefinity at a cheaper cost to do this? Sure, I don't get the cool looking car shell, but so what?

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
With an Eyefinity6-equipped i7 920 rig, 3 30" monitors and a decent Logitech wheel costing no more than $5,000 I fail to see where the other $28K has gone.

OK, the software's bespoke but even then this is just stupidly overpriced.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Just get rid of the plastic car. Keep the computer, monitors and controls and you're probably looking at $5k or so. And I hope this can play any racing game you install or its really a waste of money.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Are...Are those CRT monitors!?!?! A set-up that'll drain your life savings should have the very sharpest cutting-edge tech,right? And what's with the plastic half-car?!?! LOL!!! that looks like my kid's bed!

G

Steering wheel and dashboard looks taken from an arcade console, not a pro racing car!

It looks like the seat doesn't even give you some force feedback (tilting when accelerating/breaking/steering or crashing).

Not worth the price!

3x 22" monitors: ~$800
Steering wheel and pedal : ~$100
Seat: ~150
Computer hardware: ~2000
Total: ~$3000, essentially 1/10th the price, the only thing lacking is the polyester racing cage.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Is this a late April Fools? Would rather have a nice wheel, seat, PS3 and the ever late Gran Turismo 5 than this. Looks like its from the 80's.

G

i gots da g27 wheel, a mid-powered pc, and a 27" lcd. i'm a happy nerd... 34k no thx. i got a toyota rav4 for 20k and i can actually drive in it no joke lol.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]chronicbint[/nom]Is this a late April Fools? Would rather have a nice wheel, seat, PS3 and the ever late Gran Turismo 5 than this. Looks like its from the 80's.[/citation]

Normally I am not a negative person but I am going to have to +1 this comment lol

If I was going to get all goofy with something like that I would rather have some sort of flight simulator. Racing is fun and all but yeah Gran Turismo is pretty much the pinnacle of driving simulations.

G

Or you could just get a real car and spend a few bucks at the track for less $$$.

gpj

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
FUGLY.. totally agree on the '80s comments. I remember playing Hard Driving at the arcade which appears to be where they got the driving controls from.

Status
Not open for further replies.