A required cd/dvd driver is missing usb installing windows 7

OppositeFrog

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
A long time ago i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 on my dell inspiron M511R i think it is called... anyways. My brother was playing a game on it and slammed my laptop and when he started it back up it went to automatic repair, i left t he automatic repair on but then it just stayed on the repair screen for a while, so i decided to just do a clean install of windows 7, but when i do it, it says "A required cd/dvd driver is missing". I looked everywhere but no solution is working. So i came to toms hardware hoping i can fix this because i have a project due next week and its really important. Ty in advance

Solution
DONALD here:
you tried to do a clean install of vista, It won't load past the first few drivers?

Here is how I was able to do it. Please send me $500, and ticket to the carribean with some lonely hottie, thanks.
Please send Photo. lol

In order to install Vista from a DVD, you would need: chipset firmware/bios, drivers, & filters. And if you smell rubber

burning, a fire suppressant.

Vista DVD's wear out. Bad news? Remember that

running fix-disk on your pals PC, and getting paid in cookies or beer may be fun, but it sure doesn't help pay for
your' new copy of Vista (you may need eventually)

Bad news - Good News!

A) Quick explanation: Use XP to start DVD drivers for Vista.
You need: PC + [HD + XP installed] + [DVD +...

db95834

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
DONALD here:
you tried to do a clean install of vista, It won't load past the first few drivers?

Here is how I was able to do it. Please send me $500, and ticket to the carribean with some lonely hottie, thanks.
Please send Photo. lol

In order to install Vista from a DVD, you would need: chipset firmware/bios, drivers, & filters. And if you smell rubber

burning, a fire suppressant.

Vista DVD's wear out. Bad news? Remember that

running fix-disk on your pals PC, and getting paid in cookies or beer may be fun, but it sure doesn't help pay for
your' new copy of Vista (you may need eventually)

Bad news - Good News!

A) Quick explanation: Use XP to start DVD drivers for Vista.
You need: PC + [HD + XP installed] + [DVD + Vista disk] + opt USB stick.
make; 10GB HD partition; paste in vista install files. Navigate into HD; vista file tree; setup file/icon; open/auto run.
Drivers load, the Vista shell starts, it looks for the DVD drive. & finishes loading from there.
You may want to put the vista file tree into it's own partition?
(MS products often disable if they sense multiple copies) Remember to take out Install disk, & delete the extra Vista files, before security, and updates get robotically disabled.
or
B) paste the vista file tree into a USB stick drive and boot drivers from USB.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You are loading Vista into your PC Through the memory stick, with a

slight hurdle. Manual laborio software-migration.
(remember each 8GB usb Stick = 1.5 inner tubes for the kids bike) (arrgg!)
You can get an 8GB USB memory stick for less than $10. Joy!

1. Install XP onto your computer. (And I authenticated) I chose "build a partition on the raw space".
I chose 10 GB LESS than the total hard drive volume. And I installed XP into the 270GB partition. Got it up and running.

Pick a fast password & change it later.

2. (Do not panic)

3. I went back and Clickd: Start; My computer; The drive after the one with windows XP loaded on it; (possibly drive D);

Right click for options; Click property's; It read unformatted space of 9.25 GB; (it shrank .. ok); Left click format; Chose

quick format NTFS file system. It should take less than a minute. Run it twice if you want.

4. Plug in your USB stick. Click: start; My computer; (See: Drives); Right click all them/drives and see their properties.

Right click drives and click Explore to verify where "windows XP" is, and to avoid ruining files. Where is your USB? Where

is your 9.25gb partition? Select USB stick; Rt click it's property's, format it NTFS. Quick. Then re-format the standard

NTFS.
You want it clean. (no malware)

[you will require functioning USB drivers/bios at this point] .... [ok]
If you don't see Your USB stick - you may want to take the PC outside, and back over it a few times. Make sure Spouse,

pets, and children are far away. (You'll find yourself pressing the gas a bit harder than usual) Ahh.. life is good.

5. Here is where you may be able to save a step. -may. I used a vista based PC, and I pasted My Vista File tree into My

USB stick from the DVD drive of the Other Vista Based PC. (both are licensed)

6. Then I inserted the USB Stick/memory into my Target XP based PC, and I pasted My compacted install file tree of Vista again, into the partition, (el Manual Laborio Migracion)

***You may be able to save two steps? Try starting the Target PC, instal xp, (sucks); put the Vista Disc into DVD. And do the

pasting right there into a "new"-file you opened on your hard drive. I suggest in a 10GB partition.
(XP is allergic to moving Operating-system files, Very bad Ju-Ju). So I just did not even bother with it. -But you could

attempt to do the file pasting starting within the XP machine itself. Give it a try. But No promises.

***Do not make bootleg copies of XP, Vista, or any microsoft product! Never-ever thanks.

7. Now you're at your target PC, (the computer you are doing the Vista install upon) You have installed your

"USB stick">; found & pasted the Vista File tree into it's 9.25GB partition. The Vista disk is in the DVD drive which is blind. It's only a blind lazer device? Oh well... (Don't think extra crispy .. thoughts .. mmmm))

Navigate to the Drive/partition where you pasted the Vista file tree into your hard drive. Right click it; select explore;

See icon/file that says auto-run; Click auto run.

The Vista install should begin. But it will search for the DVD drive, and load from there. (unless you're screwed)
"Daddy why is the car making that noise?"

***It did not work. Some motherboards MAY BE particular about "Boot Priority" Open the bios; boot; set DVD boot priority. If that fails try H.D. boot priority. DVD boot priority should force the Bios to Boot from the DVD.
I have seen both work but for different boards.

9. It worked:
a.Go online Register your copy so your anti virus can be enabled. [you will require LAN at this time]
or b. register the copy by phone so you can get security updates later.

10 LAN works: you know the routine
.a Start; windows update; update. or
b. Start; Control panel; windows update.

I would load the first ten updates halt, instal/power off. And then ten more. Then the next eighty?
Don't hang there online with no security for 24 hours... Far too risky. Get your updates and get offline while they load.

Best Wishes,
DONALD.

Solution