A USB Spy Stick Used to Snoop Out iPhone Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
iPhones in particular hold a lot of potentially sensitive information, from text messages to searched locations on Google Maps.

So an iphone is the only device that can hold sensitive information?

WR

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
No word on whether this works on encrypted backups? I mean, if you sync your phone without encryption, you don't need a tool to tell you your texts are on your PC's hard drive.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]aaron686[/nom]So an iphone is the only device that can hold sensitive information?[/citation]
Ctrl + H in a browser or Windows + F (aka Find) > *.doc or *.jpg will find out a LOT more info than this tool. LMAO.

hellswaters

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Monitor your kids' iPhone text messaging and Internet use

If your kid is young enough for his parents to be monitoring his texts and internet, why does (s)he have an iphone? A kid that young should be just having a basic pay as you go, and only able to call a couple numbers. If they happen to be in there mid to late teens, why are you checking up on them.

proletarian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
i have one question:

How easy is this to use?

If this is being marketed to women and parents, how tech savvy are they gonna need to be?

the type of parents who's kids have iphones will be in their 40s/50s/60s with kids in uni, The Silver Surfers are not exactly a group known for their computing wizardry.

As for women, well, if my bird got this device to snoop on me, she'd need me to tell her how to use it. iMm not saying all women are dumb, that's a generalization, but even intelligent people can be clueless about computery thingers.

This leads to my conclusion; if the target market is diluted this much, this item will hardly sell.

Dilution:

Parents (with children over, say, 13 and own iphones) who are tech savvy and do not trust their kids & own a compatible computer system.

Women who are tech savvy, have a partner whom they don't trust who own an iphone and a compatible computer system.

proletarian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
See a man wouldn't even use this, a man knows when a woman's cheated, and there's the old methods.. follow em and that.

i reckon this type of tool is useful for law enforcement etc but i reckon they've got all their own gear already.

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Proletarian I am a silver surfer and I would bet that my computer skills are a match for anyone in this forum having spent all of my life as an electronic/computer design engineer. You can't judge a person's abilities by their age.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]pjmelect[/nom]Proletarian I am a silver surfer and I would bet that my computer skills are a match for anyone in this forum having spent all of my life as an electronic/computer design engineer. You can't judge a person's abilities by their age.[/citation]

why not? on average someone between say 15 and 30 will be more computer literate that someone between 40 and 55. Obviously there are exceptions but i believe his point was that there are not enough of them to provide much of a market for the device

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron686[/nom]So an iphone is the only device that can hold sensitive information?[/citation]

Apparently you, and the 14 people that gave your post a thumbs up, lack pretty basic reading comprehension skills.

G

@Restatement3dofTed

They read it as a direct attack upon the iPhone and felt compelled to defend it

...let me just climb into my asbestos suit here

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Restatement3dofTed[/nom]Apparently you, and the 14 people that gave your post a thumbs up, lack pretty basic reading comprehension skills.[/citation]

I understand that people in general keep sensitive information on their phone but what makes an iphone so special in holding sensitive information compared to a blackberry or any other device, that the article had to state "iPhones in particular".

I am not bashing apple and I am not I a fanboy of any mobile device.

G

So it is 2 years later, have they done any upgrades to work with iOS 6? Also, They are impossible to get on the phone and have a ton of bad reviews stating their product does not work. Is this true? Anyone use it? Impossible to find actual reviews on this product....

Status
Not open for further replies.