A6-4400M vs. i3-3120M

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kraizyswan

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a new laptop for daily use.. facebook, youtube, netflix, etc.. absolutely NO gaming use, but i do upload some rather large pictures / videos from a HD camera..

Browsing BestBuy's website, I found a Samsung [NP365E5C-S03US] with AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7520G graphics.. 500GB Serial ATA II hard drive (5400 rpm)

I also found an Asus [X501A-SI30302Q] with Intel Core i3-3120M Processor and UMA graphics.. 500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)

both have 4GB DDR3 memory.. both are under $400...

i'm just curious which one is better, processor-wise, and graphics-wise.. thanks in advance for your help! :)

Hi :)

If it was a Nicad your advice would have been correct (I am ancient as well lol)

With Lithium Polymer they NEED to be in the lappy and charged ALL the time.... they don't like long periods of not being on charge...

All the best Brett :)

kraizyswan

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
here's a weird question--- why won't any of my USB's fit into the USB 3.0 sockets on my new laptop?? I googled it, and it says they should be compatible, just won't get the 3.0 speed, which is fine, i just want to use the sockets.. My laptop has two 3.0 sockets and only one 2.0 socket... I need more than 1! what the heck???

Hi :)

They MUST fit as the 2 and 3 sockets are PRECISELY the same size/dimensions...

Unless they are badly made ...the things you are plugging in...

All the best Brett :)

TRENDING THREADS