Able Planet's Gaming Headset Gets a New Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
If I read this correctly then there is an extra connection where the headphone only and mic/headphone cables can be switched. Its a pretty cool idea, although I'll be curious to see how well it works out. The weakest link in the audio chain is at the connections, and by adding another connector you effectively double the problems this could cause.

That said, my headphones require an adapter to go into my iPhone, and so far they haven't had any issues.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
My headphone with mic costed me $20 and it's flawless as far as I can tell until my son broke the mic. I lost $20, but not $120.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]My headphone with mic costed me $20 and it's flawless as far as I can tell until my son broke the mic. I lost $20, but not $120.[/citation]
I've never had a single headset with mic under $35 that didn't break after a month or two. The current Microsoft pair I am using have last 3 weeks so far. They cost me like $45, I don't have high hopes for them either.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I also have $20 logitech mic that's so durable my son can't break it (because he's too busy clicking the on/off button that lights up when on). Stand-alone mic is the way to go :).

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I got the Fatal1ty headphone and mic 4 Christmas which was on sale and I love it. Paid less than $30. It replaced a $60 headset (no mic) which I got for free.

G

All pink units sold - $5 will go to the Susan G Koman foundation to help fight breast cancer!!

G

are these compatible with the xbox 260? and if so, do you hear both the game audio and the voice/chat? or is it just voice/chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS