About Android Phones especially Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4/S5

tjokrohw

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
I've been using Blackberry phone for the last 4 years and before that I was using Nokia for my daily mobile phone.

I am planning to buy an android smartphone and this will be my first time buying android smartphone.

My sister bought the Samsung S4 about 4-5 months ago and its amazing.
My choices are between Nexus 5 and Samsung S5.
I heard that Samsung S5 will be on market on April and I have seen some videos about it in youtube. Samsung S5 is not really impressive since it has only few differences from the older one.
I really love the design from Nexus 5 and it's also cheaper and will be cheaper than the S5.

I'm looking for a good stylish and fast smartphone that has a lots of useful features and easy to use.
I really need advice on choosing which one, please help me.
Thanks!

tjokrohw

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

I love both of it and it does not really matter for me.

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

In that case whatever one you can get a better price on

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

Good point that's the one i've got battery lasts all day even with heavy usage screen looks great too. Stock UI is a lot like touchwiz so you may or may not like that one

bygbyron3

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
The advantage to Samsung phones typically is that the battery is replaceable and they have expandable storage. I love Samsung phones but I typically replace the ROM because Samsung bloats the shit out of their phones, the GS5 ROM is over 8GB, that's half your storage gone on a 16GB model out of the box. Nexus 5 has the advantage of the clean stock Google Android ROM and earliest updates.

If features like fingerprint readers, heartrate monitors, note-taking, scanning your eyes to see when you look away, camera features, etc. catch your interest then the Samsungs are the way to go. If you want just a sleek and refined smartphone experience then I'd recommend the Nexus 5. The LG G2 and Flex are somewhere between as they do have a larger ROM than stock Android but their feature set isn't as large as Samsung.