Question Accidental Disc Clean up + Audio Problems

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Hi

I following Laptop:

Toshiba Satellite Pro C70-B-14Z PSCNVE
Windows 10

I realized that I have been storing a lot of files in the temp folder via winrar and wanted to clear the temp files so I ran disc clean up and didn't see the downloads I thought it was temporary files and clicked on it and basically ticked everything and after clicking remove files and not getting verification saying are you sure, it starts and as soon as it starts I realize my mistake and quickly close it down by pressing the x in the corner, it didn't even shown any progress bar I just managed to close it before it showed.

I go to downloads folder and it is empty, does disc clean up move the folder somewhere before deleting, how can it delete in a second all 45 GB but when you delete it manually it takes half an hour.
How can it all just disappear like that.

Also, I think it maybe a windows 10 problem, but my audio for the laptop is bad, its the sound you get when you have too much bass like when speaking into a microphone and when you get too close it becomes deep and loud, it's only for one side not the other. Increasing volume makes it worse.

Please help me recover my files and fix my audio.

I tried easeus data recovery and it recover corrupt files, how is that possible I just delete it like a moment ago and it only recovered corrupt files.

Thanks

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
It takes longer if you shift delete the entire content and if I let the disc cleanup continue it would take long for it to finish but instantly stopping it still cleans it up somehow.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
if you want to recover files, you CANNOT use the drive you want to recover files from to download, to install, to copy or anything else. If you do, it could overwrite the deleted files.

I have been to this thread several times and for the life of me, I cannot see how deleting temporary files or even downloaded files would affect your audio.

You can try doing a system restore to a saved restore point just prior to when the problem started. You can go to toshibas website, search for your specific model and reinstall/update your audio drivers from there.

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
if you want to recover files, you CANNOT use the drive you want to recover files from to download, to install, to copy or anything else. If you do, it could overwrite the deleted files.

I have been to this thread several times and for the life of me, I cannot see how deleting temporary files or even downloaded files would affect your audio.

You can try doing a system restore to a saved restore point just prior to when the problem started. You can go to toshibas website, search for your specific model and reinstall/update your audio drivers from there.

The audio is actually separate problem. I wanted help with 2 things. But I have given up on trying to recover the recovered files as they always appear corrupt.

The audio I have tried several times through so many different methods including audio drivers, effects, disabling sounds effects, etc, but it is still the same.

It occurred when I installed windows 10. I don't have restore point before that.

Last edited:

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
The audio is actually separate problem. I wanted help with 2 things. But I have given up on trying to recover the recovered files as they always appear corrupt.

The audio I have tried several times through so many different methods including audio, but it is still the same.

It occurred when I installed windows 10. I don't have restore point before that.

did you download the oem audio drivers from toshiba? If not, then you really need to do that.

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
I did download the drivers directly from the toshiba website and because my laptop is old the drivers are outdated.

Will download again and see what happens.
They have a windows 10 upgrade drivers, which doesn't work

I had to choose operating system as windows 10 x64 upgrade rather than x64 normal as that doesn't have audio drivers.

Last edited:

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
I did download the drivers directly from the toshiba website and because my laptop is old the drivers are outdated.

Will download again and see what happens.

It is usually best to use oem drivers from the manufacturer when it comes to laptops. Though they may be older, they are not out of date. Sometimes there are modifications to the hardware based on the manufacturers specification for the specific device. This means there could be differences in oem when compared to retail requiring different drivers.

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
I just downloaded and installed the audio drivers again and restarted the computer and still the same problem. Also when testing the speaker the left speaker so distorted you can hear the ringing sharp but right one is smooth sound.

Shall I uninstall the audio drivers from device manager and install drivers that way. or uninstall, restart and then install. But then the PC would automatically detect the audio and install default audio.

I downloaded 2 audio files, dts sound and audio enhancement. they did nothing when I installed it without uninstalling drivers.

is there a way to uninstall audio drivers and install these instead before it detects the drivers again.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
beginning to wonder if you have speaker damage.

I would try both ways if one way does not work. You can try taking the laptop offline to install if you want to delete reboot then install without windows installing its own driver.

asda333

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Ok did both ways and it never worked whenever I deleted the driver or uninstalled it and as soon as I restart it, the drivers are back. Even when I went offline.

Then install drivers and still the same problem.

Audio still distorted also I played a youtube video and it wasn't that bad slight distortion but it got worse over a couple of seconds like when your monitor overheats its ok when first on then slowly it has discolouration like purple.

Last edited: