Solved! accidentally disabled integrated graphics on acer vn7-591g

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotovati

Prominent
Apr 23, 2019
Hi everyone,
I own an Acer V15 Nitro VN7-591G-70RT laptop. I've unlocked "advanced bios" a couple of months ago. The laptop works perfectly; but an hour ago, fooling around in the advanced menu of bios settings, I accidentally disabled integrated graphics cards and thus, the screen does not show anything anymore. That aside, the laptop is still flawless. I can even get it to play audio files on Windows, I hear the sound but with no screen!

Now, you can help me in two ways: 1) Tell me how to reset bios setting to its original state, or 2) upload a bunch of screenshots of exact "unlocked bios" so I can figure out how to revert the setting when blind. I just need to find out what keys should be pressed to get to bios-> advanced-> integrated graphics card-> enable! And then save new settings.

Please, this is very important and urgent. I don't want my laptop bricked!

Solution
Well, thanks for quick response. While I'm not uncomfortable disassembling the laptop, you have to be more specific about that so-called "reset button". Provided that I have Tore it down, what should I do then?
Once you locate the button(close to the ram according to the pics in that teardown) you simply press it. Pressing the cmos reset button sets the bios back to default settings and the igpu should be enabled by default.

l4rxHxJ.jpg

fotovati

Prominent
Apr 23, 2019

bignastyid

Splendid
Well, thanks for quick response. While I'm not uncomfortable disassembling the laptop, you have to be more specific about that so-called "reset button". Provided that I have Tore it down, what should I do then?
Once you locate the button(close to the ram according to the pics in that teardown) you simply press it. Pressing the cmos reset button sets the bios back to default settings and the igpu should be enabled by default.

l4rxHxJ.jpg

Reactions: fotovati
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.