Accidently erased hard drive on my toshiba laptop c855d-s5105 how can i do a factory reset

gramma_julie045

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Accidentally erased my hard drive on my Toshiba satellite C855D-S5105 laptop computer, How can I do a factory reset on it now

Solution
When you say accidentally erased do you mean you completely wiped the drive of all of it’s data to include the OS? Or do you mean you reset it to a fresh install of Windows with all of your personal data gone?

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
When you say accidentally erased do you mean you completely wiped the drive of all of it’s data to include the OS? Or do you mean you reset it to a fresh install of Windows with all of your personal data gone?

Solution

Jwpanz

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
If it’s completely erased then there’s no way to factory reset it. The data is gone. If you made a recovery disk then you could boot from that and restore your data.

If not then you need to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to a USB drive. Boot from the USB drive and let it download Windows 10 to your hard drive. You’ll be able to start over from there but you will need to reinstall any programs you had before.