Accursed nvlddmkm error

Rob_Campbell

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
I've been plagued by this infamous error for a long time. I have tried essentially every "solution" I've come across over the last couple years.

The question is, is there some sort of system monitor that will monitor cache, memory, page file, disk usage, temperatures and write the information to a file at in interval of say 5 seconds. That way I can get near real-time information up to the point of the crash and see if anything is amiss with any of these things.

Unfortunately the crash is random and only happens in the game Guild Wars 2, at least on my machine, so I need something running in the background. All benchmark and hardware test tools come up clean.

*Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. *

Computer is:
Intel 3930k CPU (Standard factory clock speeds)
Gigabyte X79-UP4 (v1.0) Motherboard
eVGA nVidia geForce 670gtx OC Edition
48G RAM Patriot Viper (Was originally 64g)
Boot drive 240g Sandisk SSD (GW2 is installed on the SSD)
Other drives - 4 internal conventional drives. (One could potentially be removed, the others are needed)
LG BD-ROM
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200 Modular Power Supply
Case ThermalTake Level 10-GT (Cable routing is all very neat and tidy)

Rob_Campbell

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
I've read there there is a well known "bug" with certain Gigabyte boards where the base clock speed is set to 100.02, but should be 99.76. I couldn't find anything specific on Google about it, but it's worth a try. Not going to damage anything underclocking slightly. Of course, if this is the case, it could cause overflow/underflow issues and general system instability, especially under certain types of load. Has anyone heard of such a bug with Gigabyte boards?