Acer 5920g black screen

orkunofm16

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi there

2 days ago my 7 years old Acer 5920g suddenly got broken with an unknown reason . ?ts on repairer atm . But since repairer is familiar and a friend of mine i can tell him any suggestions you are gonna give me . So here is the deal with it

? shut down my laptop before i go to sleep . Next day i started it and there was no screen . ? saw hdd light beep for once after i start it lasted 1 second unlike usually which lasts 4-5 after start . ? searched it on tom's GU?DE and found a guy which has exactly same problems and he posted that it was ram he remove 1 of 2*1gb ram and found culprit . Today morning i called repairer who i left my laptop to tell if it is about ram and he said he did all kind of tests and its likely gpu . Can i have your suggestions about what should i do ?
Should i replace gpu with a new one ? ?s there another possibility expect gpu and ram ?

Sorry for my bad english thank you for your advices

Hello orkunofm16

There can be several reasons for this issue.

Since your friend is already into hardware, it is unlikely that he would have missed out anything but just in case, can you ask him to try this:

Method 01 - Change the Power Adapter

Try using another power adapter as sometimes the faulty one keeps the laptop from booting up.

Method 02 - Use the Laptop without a Power Adapter

Try powering on the laptop without the power adapter. This would ensure that the power jack is not faulty.

Method 03 - Use the Laptop without Battery and Only with Power Adapter

To ensure that the battery is not faulty, remove the battery from your laptop and try to power it on only with the power adapter connected. If possible, you can also try using a different power adapter while testing this method.

Method 04 - Hard Reset

If none of the above methods don't work, try hard resetting your laptop. To do so:

> Pull out its battery.

> Disconnect the power adapter.

> Press and hold down the power button for around 45-60 seconds.

> Release the power button.

> Connect the battery or power adapter or both.

> Try booting your laptop this time.

Method 05 - Checking CMOS Battery

You may also want to try replacing the CMOS battery or booting the laptop without the CMOS battery at all.

Hope this helps.

orkunofm16

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Sorry i forgot to tell im using my laptop without battery for 1.5 years . İt has been such a normal thing for me to use it like a desktop with only power adapter . Thanks for you advices . İm gonna ask my friend to if he tried those things , if he didnt im gonna tell him to try methods you wrote . Very much thanks again

orkunofm16

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
He said contorlled it Universals machine . İ dont know machine's exact name but he said he checked all voltages with machine . He will try something else for gpu and hand it on me tomorrow even its fixed or not . He said couldnt find anythging to check or where problem is . İs there a way that a computer can never be fixed as long as there is still parts of it exists on market ? Another mechanic said to me " That computer is dead " that momen i wanted to punch him . İ will be so happy if you enlight me about this

Hello again orkunofm16

LOL!! You should have punched the other mechanic because no laptop or motherboard is too dead to be brought back to life. All it takes is good knowledge of electronics and fine soldering and de-soldering skills.

Let your friend check the GPU and see if the issue is resolved.

Feel free to reply in case any further assistance is needed if you get your laptop in the same state.

Good Luck!!

orkunofm16

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

Thanks a lot dude you rock . To be honest i was afraid to come here and ask anything because people are getting mad with no reason or i ask something i dont know . But im gonna suggest this website everybody that has problem with computer or needs an advice . Thanks a lot again . Toms guide is love toms guide is life . Wish i had more knowledge or help people like you

orkunofm16

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Ok found it finally . Took it from my familiar mechanic . Send it to somewhere else . İt appears to be ram was faulty . Both of them . İ dont know about details but since both of them was faulty removing one didnt change anything and there was no ram to try on it . Other shop found ram and tried BAM