Acer Aspire 4755G stuck in BIOS screen after SSD upgrade

amazingChok

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015
Hi, I need help with my Acer Aspire 4755G laptop. This was a 3yr old laptop and working fine, then recently I decided to upgrade my 750GB HDD to 500GB SSD.
I downloaded Win10 Pro and create a bootable USB for clean installation. I removed my HDD and replaced with SSD.
I boot with the USB and perform clean installation of Win10 Pro to SSD and went smooth and successfully.

I restarted two times and I saw that the boot time was quick about less than 8 secs (based on my observation). Then when I shut it down and open again, it stucked in Acer BIOS screen with on F2 available option.
If I didn't click anything, it will stuck there forever
If I click F2, it will show "Please wait..." at the buttom then stuck forever

I tried the following:
- Removed battery, hold the power button for 20 secs and plug the AC.
- Removed and replaced CMOS battery
- Removed the two RAM and cleaned with pencil eraser then insert one RAM only
- Removed the DVD
- Tried to flash the BIOS but laptop cannot read the USB (I used the CRISISDISK utility) overwrite the BIOS.WPH with the .WPH file downloaded from Acer Support Website. Hold Fn + Esc, then plugged-in AC then power button. but USB flicks once only

Anyone encounter the same issue?

Hi,

The problem then is with the new SSD you've just recently installed. Try putting the old HDD back into your PC and see if it would get pass the BIOS screen. If it does I would suggest to try and reinstall a fresh copy of OS in the SSD on another PC and see if that would resolve the issue. Also once a new copy of OS has been installed make sure to check the manufacturer site of the SSD for any firmware update.

amazingChok

Estimable
Nov 10, 2015

I tried to put back the old hdd but still the same. It didn't pass the BIOS screen.
I will give a shot to install a new OS to the ssd and update ssd firmware.

Thanks for the response