Acer Aspire 5750G - Updating Bios

Alessandro_77

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Could anyone kindly advise on how one knows whether they should update their BIOS?

I've read mixed review online, namely that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", however my laptop is a few years old and while I've upgraded software and hardware along the way I haven't touched the bios. I'm keen to upgrade it if necessary, however obviously don't want to take the risk of ruining my laptop for a minuscule/needless update.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Current bios is: InsydeH2O Version V1.05
SNID: 10905900316

Solution

If everything is working, why would the age matter? It won't likely work better with a newer BIOS. Best thing you can do for an older laptop is replace the hard drive with a solid state drive (you can find a 240 GB one for about $70 in places) and install Windows clean on it. That will make a clear difference.

Alessandro_77

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

Thanks hang-the-9.

Could I please just confirm that is still the case even if the laptop is quite old? i.e. The current Bios is v1.05 from 2011, while the most recent bios available is v1.20 ?

Thanks

If everything is working, why would the age matter? It won't likely work better with a newer BIOS. Best thing you can do for an older laptop is replace the hard drive with a solid state drive (you can find a 240 GB one for about $70 in places) and install Windows clean on it. That will make a clear difference.

Solution