Acer Aspire 6930G - is this a problem?

kcomeforo

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't find anything online or in the manuals that came with my laptop.

I just got my Aspire 6930G yesterday and noticed something which may be a problem. Above the keyboard there is a row of blue lights and buttons for multimedia controls like volume, play, etc. The buttons light up and work fine. My question is on the volume section. It looks like this:

- | | | | | | | | +

The minus button turns down the volume and the plus button raises the volume. The vertical bars in the middle look like they are supposed to light up to indicate the volume level, but they do not light up. Does anyone know if they are just for decoration or if they are actually supposed to work? If they are supposed to light up, is it possible this is controlled by a setting someplace? I looked in the likely places (Keyboard, Sounds, etc.) but didn't find anything.

Everything else with the volume works fine: the controls make it louder and softer, I see the on-screen display of the volume when I press the +/- buttons, etc.