Acer Aspire 7551G PC goes on, but Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnihtoil

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hey I tried turning my laptop on this morning, but I was only greeted by a blank, black screen. I even tried connecting it through hdmi to a different screen, but still no results.
The laptop seems to turn on, I can hear the fans whizzing and stuff, but the screen stays blank. It was working fine yesterday.

ratedk

Distinguished
I've seen this caused by a bad Hard Drive before, but it could also be RAM. Something is preventing your computer from completing POST.

RAM & Hard Drive are the most accessible & easiest things to check. Turn off the laptop, unplug and remove battery. Hold power button for a few seconds. Remove RAM, supply power, and see if you get any kind of response (beeps, blinks or video). Repeat the process one stick of RAM at a time.

If that doesn't change anything, replace RAM, and remove HDD. Power on and see if that helps.

Through the process of elimination, we can figure out whats wrong.

midnihtoil

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Okay some new information. It worked yesterday for a few hours, but I was so dazed after a long day at work that I completely forgot to run any diagnostics or stuff.
But today morning when I tried to turn it back on, its broke again. ;___;

midnihtoil

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

Another update, tried testing with only either of the rams, same result as always, power goes on, black screen. I wasnt able to unscrew the HDD though, I need to find a smaller screwdriver.

But yeah, having only one stick of ram doesnt help.

midnihtoil

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
It was a laptop repair shop, just one by acer. I physically sent it there, and they gave me the error summary and bill.

Now I can either pay the summary cost, and take it home,or

Pay the repair cost -(minus) the summary cost, and have them repair it

Hi :)

No , you have another option.... you contact them and ask HOW it can be the hard drive when you already tried with it removed and it did the same thing....

All the best Brett :)

dparnass

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
I had a similar problem but it just kept beeping. My laptop had a stuck key and had to replace the keyboard. Remove the keyboard and use a USB keyboard. If it starts working again you have a stuck key.

Ralph Wagemans

Estimable
Mar 14, 2014
I have an ACER laptop and get a black screen after startup and the mouse pointer is visible a working.

They told me that something gone wrong during an update and this is a typical windows 8, 8.1 problem.

To solve this problem you need to unplug the power cable and remove the battery while the PC IS ON.

luciano77

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014

Thank you very much, after struggling from the morning to get my laptop on i just pulled out the battery while the laptop was on, put the battery back in and it worked, once again thank you

Nunz0708

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014

I have the same problem but my acer laptop doesnt have anywhere for me to pull battery out. Or do i have to unscrew the back off?

Donmcc

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

Same problem here; no way p remove the battery without unscrewing the whole back of the laptop. Do I just go ahead and take it apart? :/

hannahmax

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

mnichols

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

Anonanswers

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015

Anonanswers

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
Yeah it happened to me, all I had projected onto the screen was the curser and the pop up sound bar on the side, if it's an acer just take the battery out, then there's another compartment on the bottom, unscrew it you'll see a chip board. Clean it, blow it (mine popped out of place) put it back in shape and you should get your screen back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.