Acer aspire 8920 laptop screen going blank after start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1stWan

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hi, my Acer Aspire 8920 laptop is blank after start-up. I can hear it but can't see it. Any ideas?
I have taken the battery out and held the power button for 30 seconds and then put it back it in (which other forums suggested). it worked for a short while i then put the power lead in and it went black again. Any ideas please?

airknightx

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

Yea it's a very very common with this laptop. You can email me and i'll just shoot you ideas on what I did to fix mine. I need you to do something quickly to diagnose it. Get a flashlight or something very bright and shine it on your computer screen. If you can see it very faintly, it's the backlight that is out on the LCD. So the screen itself still works, its just the light that doesnt. Repair will cost $400 if you bring it in. The Remedy is a a new inverter! Dont replace the full screen like they all told me to do. This $25 part fixes the problem and provides light to your screen so you can see it once again. I bought mine here, but you can buy it anywhere really.

http://www.lcd-inverter-shop.net/Acer/Acer-Aspire-8920G.html

Cheers, Hope i made this easy

The1stWan

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

No, it won't recognise the external screen :-(

The1stWan

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

Hi, thank you. I've just followed your instructions and I can see what's on the screen very faintly when I shine the torch onto it. Looks like I need a new Inverter. I will let you know how I get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.