Acer Aspire Chromebook Reset Failed Help!!!

Judy_33

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
I'll be honest do not know what I did. All of a sudden when I wanted to download an app or program I would do the save as and then I got a message saying download blocked. I must of changed some settings I guess??. So I went to just refresh and save my files and it would not let me had a message and I don't remember what it said the reason was. . So I decided to just reset factory settings which I have done before on my other computer and no problems. after about 6 hrs I noticed it was stuck at 66%, So I read what to do to get out of the 66% stuck mode and I powered it on and off and then I got the windows logo to comeback but it had other user ??? There is no other user but I did notice before any of this happened when my computer was okay that when I turned my lap top there were two of my emails at the bottom left corner I had two emails both mine I would click on the first one and key in my password and no problem so I tried my password for this other user and it is not working. Incorrect. . So now I turn on the computer it comes on with the reg windows logo time and date The internet icon has a red x on it so what do I do. Does Microsoft have a reboot download and if I do that would it go right back to the other user log on again. I am 66 years old and on social security income I don't have a lot of money my computer is all the enjoyment , What can I do to get back to windows 10 which was preinstalled when I bought my laptop. Help me please I am not computer smart either.

Judy_33

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Judy_33 : "Acer Aspire Reset Stopped 66%"

I was doing a factory reset for my Acer Aspire chromebook 14. It stopped at 66% so dumb me decided to power off the computer when it came back up it is asking me for other user information I am the only user.?? What do I do now. it has the window logo and regular password window but I don't know why it is saying other user. How do I get pass that