Solved! Acer Aspire E 15 ( E5-576-392H ) screen/display black when position changed

Nov 14, 2021
I tried searching past posts for anyone who experienced the same issues but non quite the same as the one we are experiencing with this laptop.

The screen can still work but if I tilt the screen backwards it will turn black. If I tilt it forward it will usually light back up. I noticed that the right side of the screen seems to be more sensitive than the left side of the screen so perhaps the issue is there and thats where the screen is wired to the laptop.

Along with this it seems as though the laptop has been rather slow in the last couple days. Takes longer to boot up and login. But once its done it responds as normally. I am using the laptop to make this post for example.

It seems unlikely this is a software issue. Is this something that can be fixed at home?

Solution
The screen image is 100% hardware, may be bad contacts or open wire. Unless you are experienced at taking apart laptops, it's a job for a shop.
The speed issue could be a virus or any large number software issues. But they ARE unrelated.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
The screen image is 100% hardware, may be bad contacts or open wire. Unless you are experienced at taking apart laptops, it's a job for a shop.
The speed issue could be a virus or any large number software issues. But they ARE unrelated.

Solution
I agree with the prior poster. I see a lot of "I opened up my laptop and now it won't start" posts. If you insist on trying yourself, it is essential you get the service manual for your laptop. Many are available on the internet but some manufacturers don't share them. Pay particular attention to ESD precautions.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
I agree with the prior poster. I see a lot of "I opened up my laptop and now it won't start" posts. If you insist on trying yourself, it is essential you get the service manual for your laptop. Many are available on the internet but some manufacturers don't share them. Pay particular attention to ESD precautions.
AlHuneke ,
You are so right about the static issues (ESD), at this time of year, there are going to be very few houses with RH above 30% max, right now mine is in the 20's, In the 20's will be ESD City! Which means many people will be blowing up computers (and the TV forum I watch) that prior to the users opening them up, WOULD have been repairable. And by the time they write us here, it will be too late. I know of no way to make people more aware. Oh well.......