Hi my computer started to freeze while in use and I could not get the arrow down to the right hand bottom corner to to turn it off so I turned it off manually. When I tried to restart the blue screen appeared with the Acer logo and written below it came up repairing disc errors this may take over an hour to complete. Well 10 hours later it was still doing the same. So I turned it off again and now when I turn it on I just have the blue screen with the Acer logo on and that is as far as I can go. Can anyone help please!!!!!!
It seems like the hard drive failed already based from the symptoms you mentioned. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help as well.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will get stuck on the ACER logo again proceed with removing the HDD. Remove it off the laptop then boot it up and see if it will still get stuck on the ACER logo.
- If the laptop will get pass the ACER logo without the laptop and it loads onto a black screen with an error that means the HDD if the problem.
- But if it will still get pass on the ACER logo do reset the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly onto the slots.
- If the same problem will persist do contact ACER for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.