Question Toshiba S55-A5275 will not start

Jayhawk714

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
When I turn on my Toshiba the Toshiba logo appears for a few seconds then the laptop shuts down. When I restart it several times below the logo it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" then it shuts down. If I restart it enough times a blue screen opens and says "Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will restart it for you", or words to that effect. However, it never restarts. Also, sometimes after restarting a message appears saying "STOP CODE: ACPI BOIS ERROR". Again, after restarting if I keep pushing the F2 key I get the BOIS menu to come up, however, it's in a frozen state and there is no response from any of the arrow keys. Hopefully someone can help me. I am at a lose as to what the hell is going on.

Garyk_

Banned
BANNED
Jun 7, 2023
Sorry to hear about the issues with your Toshiba laptop. Try these quick steps:

1. Perform a hard reset: Disconnect power, remove the battery (if possible), hold power button for 15-20 seconds, then reconnect and try turning it on.
  2. Access Advanced Startup Options: Start the laptop and repeatedly press F8 until the options screen appears. Try "Repair Your Computer" or "Safe Mode".
  3. If unable to access options, create Windows installation media on another computer, boot from it, and attempt repair or reinstall.