Just want to verify, your laptop loads up to the ACER explore screen only then goes into a black screen, right? Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, do try loading it in Safe Mode.
- While the laptop is booting up, repeatedly press and F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- If it will load in Safe Mode, do run System Restore and bring it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- Lastly, if all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows.