When I turn my laptop on, the touchpad works fine but after a few minutes, it'll have issues.
1. It will scroll on its own. If I tap it to move it up a little, it will keep going until it's at the top of the screen.
2. It won't let me click on anything. When I try to move the cursor it will highlight everything as if I'm already clicking on something.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue. You may need to connect an external USB mouse for troubleshooting purposes.
- Do test if the mouse will function normally using the external USB mouse.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the Touchpad driver.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Touchpad driver.
- Once uninstalled reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it will not install, download and install the latest driver from ACER Support site.
- Here's the link: http/www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
- Just key in the model number of your laptop and it should give you all the drivers for it.
- If this will not work run System Restore, bring it back to an earlier date or time when the laptop's touchpad was working properly.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- And lastly, if System Restore will not work, proceed with reinstalling Windows.