Acer Aspire E5-575-54SM Display Not Working

feelinfroggy777

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
My wife has an Acer E5-575-54SM and when she turned it on last night the display was not working properly. The display is on and there are a bunch of lines and a strange pattern at the bottom right of the screen. Nothing on the screen can be made out, it is just a bunch of horizontal and vertical lines.

I hooked up the laptop to my monitor through HMDI and got a picture. Everything was working fine so it appears to be an issue with the display.

A couple of days ago I upgraded the HDD to a Samsung 850 EVO and removed the bottom panel to hook up the SSD. The computer was working just fine after the install was complete, then a couple of days later, the display is not working. Maybe it is coincidence, but my wife thinks that I messed it up, but that is another story.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? My guess is that the display is faulty and I will need to replace it. But if anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to try it out.

Additionally, I found a display that is a replacement for the Acer Aspire E5-575. It is not my specific model number though and is a full hd display while the current display on the laptop is 768p. Do you know if this display will work fine? It is really cheap and higher resolution so I am thinking it may be worth giving it a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Aspire-E5-575-Replacement-Full-HD-Substitute/dp/B01NANCKID

Thanks in advance for your help.