Acer Aspire E5-771G internal battery does not charge anymore

Apr 11, 2018
Hello,

My notebook battery does not charge anymore. The blue and orange light indicators at the front also do not light up or flash anymore despite being connected to the AC adapter. This has already happened to me once before last year but I was busy at the time and just did not use this notebook anymore. Btw it's 3 years old but has been used only very occasionally and also spend some stretches of time stored away in the cupboard.

Last month I tried using it again and it worked without any problems (always 100% battery) up until 2 days ago when it stopped charging. It quickly ran out of power as I was playing a game at the time.

I have already tried to reset the internal battery as shown here: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

Now at least the notebook reacts when pushing the power button: The blue and amber lights flash and the screen shows the message "Critical Low Battery" and after about 3 seconds shuts down again. Still no charging nor lighting up of the indicator lights though. Re-seating the RAM, using a different AC adapter did not help.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!