Acer Aspire kinda Died! HELP

HarrisDougie

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
I need all of you who are cleverer that me to help me my Acer Aspire 5738Z seems to have died! The disk drive is broken so rule out anything to do with that. When I boot it up it says Failure predicted on disk WDC etc etc Press F1 to continue, when I do that it flashes a small line in the top corner.

I've attempted Linux but it failed so all I need is a way to get any OS running on it.

Thanks

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Well the error "Failure predicted on disk WDC" seems to tell us that the Hard Drive is failing. So I would suggest you get a new Hard Drive!

HarrisDougie

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

I'm getting a new desktop soon so I probably won't brother I was just wondering I there was any hope of resuscitating it in the mean time

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Yea, hard drives are mechanical devices and they ALL will fail. No way around it. If you get 3-5 years out of one, be happy. Thats a typical life span for them. If you want to avoid the life span of them, then get a SSD they will last longer than you will. If you want a good platter drive grab a Western Digital Caviar Black Edition. They are always the best platters on the market.

TRENDING THREADS