Acer aspire laptop screen going blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

david14300

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
need help with this acer 8920g the screen goes blank after a couple of minutes on so i replace the inverter that i bought in ebay for $11 it work for a couple of days then died i got a replacement now this one if the laptop is plug in the charger and i turn it on it will work great. but if i turn it off and unplug from charger and turn it on only on battery it will work ok for a couple minutes then screen goes blank you can still see the picture in the back if you flash a light on the screen, no matter how many times i reboot it will start ok then screen goes blank. so since i bought this for so cheap i bought another inverter from ebay used in good working conditions, i install it then turn laptop on and blank screen you can still see the picture if you flash a light on the screen. my question, ?is it possible that all three inverters are defective or is there something else wrong with my acer 8920g?

ratedk

Distinguished
While it is possible that you have received 3 bad inverters, it is unlikely. The bulb on the inside of the screen itself could be failing. If the bulb is bad/failing, the screen will need to be replaced. A decent computer repair shop will be able to tell you the problem is with 1) The inverter, 2) The backllight/screen, or 3) The motherboard.

david14300

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

great thanks i guess i only have the bulb or the mother board problem to worried about i am waiting for my third replacement after that I'm going to the shop it suck because they charge $50 just to diagnose the problem and they still cant tell me exactly what it is. thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.