Acer Aspire Nitro VN7 or Lenovo Y50-70 4K

Volex

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Oct 13, 2015

?????? yeah, but why???????????????????????????? (...)

The acer has a slightly better cpu, a much better gpu, better storage due the ssd. Also acer is better at making gaming laptops than Lenovo as they are better at making office laptops.

As for the barebone laptops, they are more customisable than branded laptops. This allows you to configure the laptop the way you like it and it will be cheaper. But like I have said in the previous post, there are less reviews.

ChowKaiDeng

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Typing this answer from a Lenovo Y50-70 4K: I strongly suggest to avoid the Lenovo.

- Keyboard it's a complete crap (misses 1 every 15 keystrokes or so, and you'll be forced to carefully read everything you type in order to avoid typing errors).
- Screen color calibration it's terrible: yellows look like mustard.
- Battery life it's a joke. You can't even get 2 hours of normal use (like browsing the web)

This doesn't mean you can''t use this laptop, but if you type a lot or do some kind of design work (like myself), you'll hate this laptop.

Basically I just use it like a desktop machine, plugged in to an external keyboard and monitor.

PetarV

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
The Acer one has a slightly better graphics card.Plus that I know that the Lenovo Y50-70 has heating problems.And I don't think you need a 4k display neither 16gb RAM.Better go for Asus ROG G551JW: Intel Core i7-4720HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, 8GB RAM(or 16gb but 8 is enough), 1920x1080 (Full HD) 15,6 inch display.It's as good as those you mentioned but it's a lot cheaper.Not to mention it has a better build quality.