Acer aspire one 725 failing to start-up either with or without battery

cabhalan

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015
My Acer netbook was in use plugged into the mains and I returned to it after a short break and found it dead. Since it was 2 years old I purchased a new battery and once this arrived it fired up and worked normally for around 40 mins, then died again. The new battery had a half charge so i did not plug it into the mains. When I press the start-up button now (with the battery in) the charging light blinks four times and then is dead, It does not work on the mains without the battery nor do any lights come on.
Help! Any advice/ideas?

Jerry

Solution
Hi,

Please do test your AC adapter first if it's supplying enough voltage required by your laptop to power it up or charge the battery because the fact that the laptop won't power up without the battery but the AC adapter is connected it could also mean that it's not supplying enough voltage or the AC adapter has gone bad as well. If you have another AC adapter that has the same voltage test it with your laptop without the battery again and see if it does boot up.
Hi,

Please do test your AC adapter first if it's supplying enough voltage required by your laptop to power it up or charge the battery because the fact that the laptop won't power up without the battery but the AC adapter is connected it could also mean that it's not supplying enough voltage or the AC adapter has gone bad as well. If you have another AC adapter that has the same voltage test it with your laptop without the battery again and see if it does boot up.

Solution

cabhalan

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

cabhalan

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015

cabhalan

Estimable
Oct 18, 2015
Thanks Nerd - u r right: I managed to get a lead from a samsung NC10 to connect and it has charged it fuly - so a new charge cable. I never had one cease before.

Thanks for your help