Solved! Acer aspire one enter not working

Marta_32

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Hello,
my Acer Asp[ire One boots up OK & pad works to move cursor around screen - but nothing else works - no RETURN button, programs that I manage to start before it goes dead (I have a bout 3 seconds while booting up)just freeze ...plugging a mouse does nothing -I can't even turn it off w/o pulling the battery... any ideas?

Solution
Ok, download a copy of MemTest86+, put it on a usb flash drive (any will do, the program is quite small) and test your ram for a few hours.

If MemTest reveals no issues, then I would contact Acer for warranty service. If the ram isn't the culprit, you could be looking at a faulty hard drive or motherboard, both of which Acer should be able to replace under the warranty. If the ram is the issue, Acer should also be able to replace that under the warranty.

The_Prophecy

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Ok, download a copy of MemTest86+, put it on a usb flash drive (any will do, the program is quite small) and test your ram for a few hours.

If MemTest reveals no issues, then I would contact Acer for warranty service. If the ram isn't the culprit, you could be looking at a faulty hard drive or motherboard, both of which Acer should be able to replace under the warranty. If the ram is the issue, Acer should also be able to replace that under the warranty.

Solution