Solved! Acer Aspire A715-75G key combinations not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2021
Hello,
I've been having an issue that's been bugging me since I got my laptop.
On my Acer Aspire A715-75G I can't press certain key combinations!
One of them is CTRL + W + 2 which I use a lot while gaming on it and I don't want to look like a freak, bringing an external keyboard everywhere.
I have tested this in both Windows and Ubuntu 20.04, so it's not tied to Windows.
It also seems like this laptop has a 2-key rollover sometimes. The max I have gotten is 5-key rollover.

I am extremely disappointed, I expected much better.

I think you answered your own question. You use this key combination a lot when gaming. Keyboards are mechanical devices and prone to wear out. You can try a repair (maybe swap with little-used keys. The keys are easy to break so make sure you find a good tutorial on how to proceed. The other option is to replace the keyboard. This makes sense if there are several troublesome keys. Run a keyboard diagnostic to find out.

Getting two-key rollover instead of more sometimes may be related to sticky keys.

Jan 22, 2021
I think you answered your own question. You use this key combination a lot when gaming. Keyboards are mechanical devices and prone to wear out. You can try a repair (maybe swap with little-used keys. The keys are easy to break so make sure you find a good tutorial on how to proceed. The other option is to replace the keyboard. This makes sense if there are several troublesome keys. Run a keyboard diagnostic to find out.

Getting two-key rollover instead of more sometimes may be related to sticky keys.

I had this issue since the beginning. At first I thought it was because of Windows, but it's not.
This might be a factory defect, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.