Solved! Acer Aspire V3-571G - Slow / Hot after ugrading to Windows 10

Mar 5, 2019
My laptop Acer Aspire V3- 571G became slow and gets hot on the left hand side underneath after upgrading to Windows 10. Is it because my graphic card GE Force GT640M is not compatible to Windows 10? what do I do about it?

Solution
Try checking them for overheating. There are a quite a few programs you can install that will monitor the temps. Not all of them work with all laptops, so you it make take a bit to find the right one.
Compatibility with whatever software or OS you are using would not make it get hot.

However, problems with a GPU, CPU, fan, etc., could.

First you need to monitor the temps for the laptop to see exactly what is overheating and when it is happening. Is it all the time? When running certain programs? Playing certain games? Etc. This will give you a better idea of what is going on.

Mar 5, 2019
Compatibility with whatever software or OS you are using would not make it get hot.

However, problems with a GPU, CPU, fan, etc., could.

First you need to monitor the temps for the laptop to see exactly what is overheating and when it is happening. Is it all the time? When running certain programs? Playing certain games? Etc. This will give you a better idea of what is going on.

Thanks Webworkings,

Really appreciate your answer. I'll check. How do you detect whether it is a problem with the CPU or fan?