Acer Aspire V3-572G-587W or Toshiba Satellite S55-B5289

Solution
The Toshiba laptop has a powerful quad core i7-4710HQ CPU which is great if you plan on doing any CPU intensive tasks that can make use of 4 cores like video encoding. Most normal daily tasks do not need a CPU with 4 cores. The laptop also relies on the integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics core. Good enough to play many games on low settings with decent performance. The quad core i7 draws a decent amount of power (rated at 47w TDP) so do not expect great battery life. Maybe a little over 3 hours at most since it comes with a small battery.

The Acer laptop uses a ultra low voltage (ULV) dual core i5-4210u CPU which is more than enough for everyday tasks. It has an Intel HD 4400 integrated graphic core that is a little less powerful than...
The Toshiba laptop has a powerful quad core i7-4710HQ CPU which is great if you plan on doing any CPU intensive tasks that can make use of 4 cores like video encoding. Most normal daily tasks do not need a CPU with 4 cores. The laptop also relies on the integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics core. Good enough to play many games on low settings with decent performance. The quad core i7 draws a decent amount of power (rated at 47w TDP) so do not expect great battery life. Maybe a little over 3 hours at most since it comes with a small battery.

The Acer laptop uses a ultra low voltage (ULV) dual core i5-4210u CPU which is more than enough for everyday tasks. It has an Intel HD 4400 integrated graphic core that is a little less powerful than the Intel HD 4600, but the laptop has a dedicated Geforce 840m graphics chip which is more powerful than either Intel graphic cores. That makes this the better laptop to play games with and it should be able to play many games at medium graphic settings. When not playing games or watching video the laptop should last for 6 hours on battery since the CPU is rated to use 15w of power.

Solution