Acer E1 510

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
Hello,
I have a Acer Aspire E1-510 laptop with windows 8.1 and a few days ago it went into sleep mode and now it will not come out of it. I have tried hitting every key and i get nothing... I have removed the battery and tried restarting it but the power come on and the screen stays blank... and after a few seconds it turns itself off and reboots. I pressed esc a few times and it will stay on but nothing happens. It just stays blank. Any Ideas on how to fix this???

Hi,

Do another hard reset with the laptop. Remove the battery and the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for around 20 secs. Put everything back together then turn it back on, if it turns back on and loads the desktop you'll need to make changes inside Power Option.

Changing Power Option
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard to bring up the Run box.
2. In Run box type Control then click OK
3. Once Control Panel is open Click System and Security (but if Power Options is available just click on it and move to step 5)
4. In System and Security click on Power Options
5. Once open click on Change plan settings then click on Change advanced power settings
6. Inside Advanced settings go to Sleep then make sure Allow hybrid sleep is OFF same goes with Hibernate after
7. Click on Apply then OK and exit from all the Windows

Once done with these steps, you'll have to check if your mouse and keyboard is set to turn on the PC from sleep mode.

1. Press Windows + R again to bring up the Run box
2. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc then click OK
3. Once Device manager is open go to Mice and other pointing device and expand it, right click on the device showing under it then click on Properties
4. In Properties go to the tab that says Power Management and make sure there's a check mark on Allow this device to wake the computer then click OK.
5. Repeat the same step with Keyboard.