Acer Inspire E1-572 loud noise when calling

Ezalie

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
So I have a Acer Inspire E1-572 laptop and whenever I am in a call (Skype/Discord/Teamspeak) my friends keep telling me that I am having annoying static noise/loud fan noise coming from my mic.

I am unsure how to fix this since I am using headphones where the mic is actually near my mouth.

I have tried updating my audio driver, but the problem still seem to occur, making me a nuissance when I try to have a conversation with my friends.

Does anyone has a solution to this?

Are you sure it is the headphone mic that is actually being used? If it is the internal mic instead, then that could be the reason they hear those sounds.

If the laptop only has one jack, your external microphone may not even be working through it. If the jack is output only. It happens a lot on laptops now. I would suggest testing to see if this is what is happening to you.

If it is, then you would need either headphones with a mic that can work via USB or get a USB to 3.5 mm adapter so you can use the mic/headphones you have.

Ezalie

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

It seems like this is actually happening to me, since my laptop only has 1 plug output.

Am I supposed to get something like this to make my headset microphone work?
1 male 2 female splitter

Thank you for helping me out on this matter, I will await your response!

Solution