ACER Keyboard deletes letters, words and entire pages when typing

amargelloer

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
I first thought there must be hotkeys that I'm unaware are active. Specifically, I could be typing in any email client (Gmail, Outlook), in word processor (Word, Drive) and in apps (FB) and it occurs consistently. Just typing this note in is unbearable. specific keys that aggravate are s, a and y.

Any thoughts? I have no filters active. Start>Keyboards

I should also add the machine is brand new, purchased, sat in closet just pulled out when Dell died.

Solution

Could be a Virus , try to format and fresh install everything and see if the problem still exist. test the keyboard after the fresh format and OS install , b4 installing anything else.

oh one question , are you using Skype ?

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

Could be a Virus , try to format and fresh install everything and see if the problem still exist. test the keyboard after the fresh format and OS install , b4 installing anything else.

oh one question , are you using Skype ?

Solution

amargelloer

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. The only thing on the machine is the Microsoft student package. I haven't installed Outlook either.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

when you do the test , don't connect to the internet at all after the fresh install.

unplug the internet. format, install , then check the keyboard and test the keyboard before connecting to the internet or any LAN/WIFI.