Acer Laptop battery charge going down rapidly

mgarfath

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hello All,

I bought an acer e1571 about a month ago, I changed its OS from Win8 to Win7, the laptop worked fine with win7 for about a month, two days ago due to several power cuts here i was unable to charge the battery to 100% and had to remove the charge midway since then the battery problems have started I have listed below:

after 100% charge once i remove the battery from charge it shows immediately 99 %

the battery charge goes down from 98% to 60% in half an hour

sometimes it shows 3 hrs remaining time, but when i see the charge rate after 5 mins ( without charging) it shows 4hrs 20min.

Even if i switch off the laptop and switch on it later on i see atleast 10% batter power down in an hour even though the laptop was switched off.

I have a gut feeling that there is some error in the software rather than in the battery since the laptop is quite new ( 1 month old )

So guys what steps should i take to bring back my battery to normal position.

All help is appreciated.

Regards
Mg arfath

clutchc

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
If you are using a 3rd party battery monitor, disable it or better yet, uninstall it. Go by the one in the Windows Task Bar/Tray. My Thinkpad came with a flashy-looking battery gauge pre-installed too. It was never right. Would exhibit the same symptoms as you describe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 1
suhaib.ajaz03 Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
Shootingstar007 Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Komla Laptop Tech Support 4
Ramon3 Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
superpeas Laptop Tech Support 2