Acer laptop charging problem

KRATOS404

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
I use my laptop to play games. It is a windows 8.1 acer laptop. I always plug charger in so that I get the best performance. nowadays when I play very high graphics games, my charger stops working and two of the LED lights (I think charge light and power light) keep turning on and off. When I take my charger off the lights turn off and when I plug it in again, laptop charges and lights are normal. But If I keep playing the game I get the same problem again and again. I use Balanced power option and sometimes high performance option.
I also hear the fans very loud when this happens

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver in Device Manager.
- If it will still not work do test the AC adapter.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the laptop will load normally that means it's working fine but if not that could only mean that the charger is faulty.
- Next to try if it will still not work do try changing the power option to high performance instead.

Hopefully this steps will help. :)

KRATOS404

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015

I tried reinstalling but it did not fix the problem. I also don't think it's the AC adapter's problem because when I use other programs and play games (which do not need high performance), it does not happen.
I used power saving, balanced and high performance power options but the problem is still there. :( I always hear loud fan sound when this happens. Does this have anything to do with this problem?