acer laptop doesn't charge when plugged in

OH, well that is a whole other story.

If you used it right after getting liquid on it, then that is bad. One should never turn on any electronic device after getting liquid on it. You need to open it up, after disconnecting any power sources, and then leave it to dry. For days. The more liquid, the more days.

You may well have fried the motherboard. Or damaged the connections to the battery. Gotten the liquid on the battery and damaged it. To many variables. My suggestion, have a tech look at it.

If it won't charge at all, no matter if off or on, but will run (when plugged in) then it could be either the battery or the charger. Either the battery will need replacing as it is dead, or the charger is going bad and will need replacing soon.

Now if it will charge, but only when turned off (not sleep or hibernate but powered off) and not on, then it is the charger that needs replacing.

Side note, most all batteries are replaceable. How how easily it can be done on any device is a whole other story. If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, you can try a local tech.

Jul 1, 2018
No it wont turn on at all i spilt a drink over it but it turned on after that but now a week later it wont turn on the orange light comes on for a few seconds it wont charge so there for wont turn on cause its flat......there is no where to take battery out as per acer recommendations

OH, well that is a whole other story.

If you used it right after getting liquid on it, then that is bad. One should never turn on any electronic device after getting liquid on it. You need to open it up, after disconnecting any power sources, and then leave it to dry. For days. The more liquid, the more days.

You may well have fried the motherboard. Or damaged the connections to the battery. Gotten the liquid on the battery and damaged it. To many variables. My suggestion, have a tech look at it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pyro_isn_oob Laptop Tech Support 4
Hammy953 Laptop Tech Support 0
Epic Creeper Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0
Pandofla Laptop Tech Support 3
ChizDawg211 Laptop Tech Support 1
ruslruslrusl1 Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 0