Acer Laptop Stops Charging Sporadically! Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzair_2

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
I have an Acer Latop Aspire e1-571, I have been using since over 3.5 years.
Now a couple of months back I would be using my laptop and suddenly it would loose charging, so I would unplug the adpator and reconnect it in the laptop and it would start charging again.

It Happened once or twice, so I didn't notice, but now, it happens all the time. For some reason, randomly, the laptop stops charging, so I need unplug and plug my adpator in the laptop again, but it only charges for 10 seconds before giving up.
At the same time, the Leds on the laptop start to flash.

Now two things.

1. If my laptop is shut off, it charges perfectly, but as soon as I turn it on, the charging stops
2. If I remove the battery, the laptop works perfectly fine on direct A/C

I tried all the 'battery reset' stuff but it doesn't work

So I am really frustrated. I stopped using the laptop for 2 days and took it to the repair shop, but I waited for 4 hours, it did not show ANY problem in front of the guy, so he was like I don't know what to fix, because I don't see a problem

So I bring back my laptop home, works for 2 days and then again the problem starts.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Solution
No, it wouldn't. Remember, as I said, it is the need to charge the battery AND run the device at the same time, which isn't working, that is a sign that it is the charger. It doesn't mean it isn't putting out any power, it just means it isn't allowing for enough power to charge and run it at the same time. Eventually it won't do either.
It sounds like, from the information you have given, your charger is going and will need to be replaced.

When a charger starts to go it is very common for it to not charge while the laptop is on, but charge when it is off. Eventually it will stop working at all. It is due to damage, which you may not see, and it starts to not put out enough power to both run it and charge it.

uzair_2

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

I understand but why does it work without problems, when I remove the battery in the laptop and connect it directly. If the charger was faulty, wouldn't my laptop stop working when connected directly to a power source? at least after ten seconds, like it does when the battery is in the laptop

No, it wouldn't. Remember, as I said, it is the need to charge the battery AND run the device at the same time, which isn't working, that is a sign that it is the charger. It doesn't mean it isn't putting out any power, it just means it isn't allowing for enough power to charge and run it at the same time. Eventually it won't do either.

Solution

uzair_2

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

If you a say so! fingers crossed, I am gonna buy a new charger and get back to you on this one!

uzair_2

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

#

It worked!! you are a life saver!

Status
Not open for further replies.