Acer Laptop will not turn on?

skycoder

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hey, so I've had my Acer Aspire E1 Series laptop for about 2 yrs now. Last week, the laptop kept sporadically being charged then stopping when the cable was plugged in. I realized that if i had it in a certain position, it would charge, so I just did that all week. Until this morning when I saw a wire was visible in the charger, it was split. I then turned off the laptop and waited until I purchased a new charger. Now the orange light is working fine, but when I try to turn on the laptop, I hear no fan, noises etc, the screen remains black as if it were off and the blue light goes on for about 5 seconds then turns off. If anyone could help it'd be much obliged, I have no idea when it comes to computers lol

Edit: i've tried taking out the battery and holding the power button for 20 secs but it doesn't seem to work (unless i'm doing it wrong)

Solution
Did you per chance purchase an After Market charger cord? If so, this may be your problem. While some after market things are great, laptop charger cords and laptop batteries are often problematic when not OEM.

If this is the case, the first thing I would do is try another cord on the device. Before you return the one you got or buy another, see if someone can loan you an OEM one and see if that works for you. If it does, you need a better charger cord. If it doesn't fix it, then try the following.

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Connect an external monitor.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

If you can see on the external monitor, then the connected one is your problem. Either the ribbon cable that connects it has...
Did you per chance purchase an After Market charger cord? If so, this may be your problem. While some after market things are great, laptop charger cords and laptop batteries are often problematic when not OEM.

If this is the case, the first thing I would do is try another cord on the device. Before you return the one you got or buy another, see if someone can loan you an OEM one and see if that works for you. If it does, you need a better charger cord. If it doesn't fix it, then try the following.

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Connect an external monitor.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

If you can see on the external monitor, then the connected one is your problem. Either the ribbon cable that connects it has been damaged, loosened, pinched, etc., or the display itself will need replacing.

Solution