Acer laptop wont turn on

chocogirl

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
my acer aspire latop, when turned the power button on, comes up with the acer logo but doesnt load any further. help?
I've tried taking out the battery and leaving it for 2 minutes but nothing happened. It still shows the acer logo sign. And I don't have the recovery disk so any other suggestions..

dodger46

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Try F9 at the Acer logo, should enable you to restore your PC to Factory settings. Meanwhile post your Model number to get accurate help...

chocogirl

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

I've tried F9 and nothing happened. My model number is Acer Aspire E1 531

dodger46

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
At the Acer Logo hold down 'Alt' and tap F10 repeatedly to see if you get into Recovery Menu. If you're asked for a password it's 00000

chocogirl

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

It still doesn't work. It still stays at the logo acer :/

chocogirl

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

It still doesn't work. It still stays at the logo acer :/

dodger46

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Unfortunately without a Recovery Disk there's little else that you can do at this stage. It's possibly a Hard Drive failure, but you would need to download Diagnostic Software on another PC and make a bootable disk to check it out. Meanwhile if you have a pal running Windows 8 you could ask them to create a Repair Disk for you, at least that would enable you to get to the Troubleshooting Menu where you could use Advanced Options to reset your PC.

This can be achieved by typing 'Recovery' at your Start Screen, and from Settings choose Windows 7 File Recovery. This screen contains links to both Repair and System Image(Create one when you get going again!). Ideally create on USB Flash drives (Too many failures on DVDs!)
And if you want to check your HDD
http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/
Download and burn to disk. Boot from disk to run diagnostics.
Ultimately your Machine will still be under Warranty, perhaps easiest option would be to return to Vendor for repair...

dodger46

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

At the Acer Logo tap F2, should enter BIOS. Find the Boot Tab and change the order to select DVD as 1st Boot Device.
Save changes and restart, DVD should load...