Acer Nitro 5

Aug 14, 2018
Got an acer gaming laptop nitro 5 2 in 1 16gb ram, 1050 graphics, i7 processor a couple of days ago and it lags when playing games within 10 minutes because it overheats and slows down, when I change the settings on the games, it still acts up and it was $2000, I'm so annoyed because gaming laptops are supposed to run games fine right?? I don't know if I should return it or?? Please help asap!

Solution
I would strongly consider returning it as the problem may be systemic....meaning "it runs hot due to the design".

I think gaming laptops are an issue in themselves in that you take all these high performance components that give off a lot of heat and jam them into this little space and expect it to work without issues. Heat seems to be a major issue with gaming laptops.
I would strongly consider returning it as the problem may be systemic....meaning "it runs hot due to the design".

I think gaming laptops are an issue in themselves in that you take all these high performance components that give off a lot of heat and jam them into this little space and expect it to work without issues. Heat seems to be a major issue with gaming laptops.

Solution