Acer one wont work.

Allyjack95

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
My acer aspire one kept telling me that my system memory was low and to make room, so i tried but nothing worked. So i decided to resart everything. But my sister turned off the power and then it went wrong. Saying that something went wrong with the resart but it resarted everything but kept my log in working. I tried to reboot it but nothing works. It won't let me connect to the internet or use the settings bar, when I do I have to left click on it but there's nothing in there that I need. I need a way to fix it or reboot it, and no, alt 10 won't work.

I am struggling to decipher your post - so far unsuccessfully. So please answer these questions in your own good time:

1. What type of Acer Aspire One do you have - Cloudbook, Netbook or any one of the dozen other models? (On the bottom panel there's a bar-code with the model name and number right below it.)
2. The computer was low on system memory and you tried to 'make room' - what exactly did you do?
3. You decided to 'restart everything' - what does that mean? Was it just a regular restart (turn off/turn on) or do you mean a factory reset?
4. Your sister cut the power and 'then it went wrong' - did you get a message to this effect or did the computer simply stop?

Allyjack95

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
It's hard to explain.

It's and Acer one 1-431-C8G8
It kept closing me out of simple websites like YouTube saying that it had low memory and to retry again. So o went and deleted apps or files I didn't use like it told me to but that didn't help. So, I decided to just completely factory reset it in order to have that room on my laptop but my sister (she's like 10) came in and tried to push the power button. I came back to it saying that an error had occurred with the system reset. But it seemed to have reset everything beside my log in. It won't let me use the start button or connect to the internet anymore. It won't let me download anything.

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Why did you vote down his comment? He's trying to help..
Here's your fix: Download windows installation media from it's website, put it on a USB and do a clean install.
If your laptop came licenced, you might have to call to ask for that licence.

1. You have no internet access but you can still get to the desktop, right?
2. Does Windows react to keyboard input - e.g. if you press the Windows key on the keyboard, does it open the Start menu?
3. If you press Fn + F3 on the keyboard, can you open the Airplane mode option? If yes, then Airplane mode should be OFF.
4. Is the Search field (or Cortana) available in the Task bar? What I mean is, can you type in the Search field?