Acer or asus? which is the better make?

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Those laptops look about the same, the Acer offering a slightly better CPU, but not by much.

However though, just comparing brands, I much prefer Asus over Acer.

G

Thanks, would i notice that the asus has a slightly slower CPU?

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
T4200 vs a T4300... so 2.0ghz to 2.1ghz... i would tend to say no, you wouldn't notice in normal applications or everyday use, though i honestly don't have either of those CPU's nor used them. Hopefully more people will comment 8)

Here is a nice cpu chart for laptops, it may help

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html

I didn't see anything in there, but which one offers the better warranty? That may be a key deciding factor for you.

endrewsmith

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I would suggest ASUS over Acer any time. I haven't owned Asus laptop but based on what I've read from forums, it's very positive - customer service, quality and spec to price to ratio.

But Acer is different story. From my experience, Acer sucks big time when it comes to built department. I've used it and it turned into junk few months after warranty period. My friends experienced the same thing. My suggestion, don't be too tempted by their price.

G

Thanks all:) I've just ordered the Asus should come by friday!

G

Thanks all:) I've just ordered the Asus should come by friday!

Hi - I, too, am in the market for a new PC or laptop and was wondering the difference between the Asus and Acer. I see that you've had your Asus for a couple of months now. Just wondering how you like it.

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
@Tenswims: If you live in the US or Canada, you could try to explore some systems on Newegg to read their customer reviews. While not entirely accurate, you could find a general consensus on the quality and user experience of the laptop, as well as find any major flaws with the computer.

Alternately, you can find some notebook review sites that give a thorough run through of each system and compare it with its competitors.

PLamb

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
I bought an Asus computer and paid quite a bit for it. It wasn't just a couple of months before I noticed that the CD/DVD drive would not operate properly. As I didn't use it that much, I didn't do anything. I had the it for 1 year and 2 months, when one of the dual core processors stopped working. Contacted both Asus and where I bought it and they basically said, in not so many words, too bad, so sad. I made a promise I would never buy an Asus again.

DoopWhoop

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015

That's a shame. You can't really blame them it was your responsibility to get that checked out when you realized the optic drive had died. These systems only have 1 year warranties and for that exact reason I tend to purchase the extended warranty on all my electronics.